Below are the general guidelines for dosing Livalo (pitavastatin). Note that these dosages may be adjusted on a case-by-case basis for individual patients. Always follow your prescribing physician’s instructions for taking Livalo.
The following information comes from DailyMed, an FDA label information provider.
What if I miss a dose of Livalo?
According to Mayo Clinic, if you miss a dose of Livalo, take it as soon as possible, unless you are closer to your next dose. If the latter is true, wait until your next dose. Never double dose.
What if I overdose on Livalo?
No specific treatment for LIVALO overdose is known. Contact Poison Control (1-800-222-1222) for latest recommendations. Hemodialysis is unlikely to be of benefit due to high protein binding ratio of LIVALO.
Dosage and Administration
2.1 General Dosage and Administration Information
- Take LIVALO orally once daily with or without food at the same time each day.
- Individualize the dose of LIVALO according to patient characteristics, goal of therapy, and response.
- After initiation or upon titration of LIVALO, analyze lipid levels after 4 weeks and adjust the dosage accordingly.
2.2 Recommended Dosage for Adults and Pediatric Patients Aged 8 Years and Older
- The recommended starting LIVALO dosage is 2 mg once daily.
- The maximum recommended dosage is LIVALO 4 mg once daily [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
2.3 Recommended Dosage in Patients with Renal Impairment
- The recommended starting dose for adults with moderate and severe renal impairment (estimated glomerular filtration rate 30 – 59 mL/minute/1.73 m2 and 15 – 29 mL/minute/1.73 m2, respectively) and patients with end-stage renal disease receiving hemodialysis is LIVALO 1 mg once daily.
- The maximum recommended dose for these patients is LIVALO 2 mg once daily [see Use in Specific Populations (8.6)].
- A recommended dosage for pediatric patients with renal impairment has not been established.
2.4 LIVALO Dosage Adjustments Due to Drug Interactions
- In patients taking erythromycin, do not exceed LIVALO 1 mg once daily [see Drug Interactions (7)].
- In patients taking rifampin, do not exceed LIVALO 2 mg once daily [see Drug Interactions (7)].
How is Livalo supplied?
LIVALO tablets are supplied as follows:
|Tablet Strength||Package Size||Tablet Description||NDC|
|1 mg||Bottle of 90||Round white film-coated tablet debossed “KC” on one face and “1” on the reverse||66869-104-90|
|2 mg||Bottle of 90||Round white film-coated tablet debossed “KC” on one face and “2” on the reverse||66869-204-90|
|4 mg||Bottle of 90||Round white film-coated tablet debossed “KC” on one face and “4” on the reverse||66869-404-90|
Store at room temperature between 15°C and 30°C (59° to 86° F) [see USP]. Protect from light.