Spermidine is becoming an increasingly popular supplement in the world of longevity science. It plays a critical role in human biology and has a lot of remarkable health benefits that’ll surely interest the health-conscious folks out there. In this article, we’ll be breaking down three of the best spermidine supplements in the market to help you determine which will suit you best.
- What Is Spermidine?
- What Foods Contain Spermidine?
- What Are Its Health Benefits?
- The List
- 1. spermidineLIFE Dietary Supplement
- 2. Double Wood Spermidine
- 3. SuperSmart Spermidine
- Key Takeaways
- Related Articles
What Is Spermidine?
Spermidine is a polyamine compound typically found in ribosomes and living tissues that has various metabolic functions within organisms and plays a critical role in cell function and survival. You’re probably wondering why it’s called that way; well, that’s because the compound was first discovered in a sample of semen in 1687 by the celebrated Dutch microscopist Anton Van Leeuwenhoek, hence the name. However, it’s found in all eukaryotic cells.
Spermidine is created from its precursor, the compound putrescine in the body. Putrescine is the precursor for spermine, another polyamine that’s also important for cellular function. Putrescine and spermidine help facilitate healthy tissue growth and function. How? Polyamines can bind to many different molecules, and there they promote cell growth, DNA stability, cell proliferation, and apoptosis processes. It also appears that polyamines function similarly to growth factors during cell division.
What Foods Contain Spermidine?
Certain foods are also known to contain spermidine. Try to include some of them into your diet:
- Wheat germ
- Amaranth grain.
- Whole grain
- Fresh green pepper
- Mushrooms (particularly shitake mushrooms)
- Green Tea
- Certain kinds of mature cheeses
- Soy products
What Are Its Health Benefits?
Spermidine offers several health benefits. Some of these include:
- Reduces Cancer Mortality – Studies found that eating a spermidine-rich diet could potentially reduce the risk of cancer-related mortality among humans.
- Protects Against Cardiovascular Disease – Regularly taking spermidine intake can reduce your blood pressure levels and lower the risk of cardiac hypertrophy, heart failure, and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Combats Neurodegenerative Disease – Taking spermidine supplementally can reverse neuron damages caused by inflammation, oxidative stress, and ischemia. As a result, it can decrease the risk of suffering neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Slows Down Aging – One study found that higher survival rates among humans were linked to increased spermidine intake through dietary sources such as supplementations.
Now that we’ve discussed what it is, how it works, and what its benefits are. Let’s take a deeper look into our supplements, starting with…
Longevity Labs+’s spermidineLIFE highlights the role of spermidine in maintaining and promoting cellular health and is the first dietary supplement manufactured with lab-verified, spermidine-rich wheat germ extract. It’s also packed with zinc and thiamine to promote cell renewal.
Spermidine is vital to foster one’s cellular health and renewal, and as the cells are the body’s building blocks, spermidineLIFE aims to provide them with the fuel they need to operate at their maximum. That way, they would be able to repair daily damage, build new muscle, and reduce the effects of aging, like the risk of osteoporosis and neurodegenerative conditions.
Developed and manufactured in Austria, spemidineLIFE uses non-GMO wheat of the highest quality harvested from Central Europe. They are then examined and extracted in a process that carefully preserves spermidine, unsaturated fatty acids, and other phytoagents and vitamins from the wheat germ source.
- Clinically tested
- Developed in Austria
- 100% natural plant extract
- 100% GMO-free product
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Zero artificial colors or flavors
- Lactose, nuts, and caffeine-free
- Contains wheat and gluten.
- Might be a bit pricey compared to other brands
Spermidine Per Serving
Take two (2) capsules (800mg wheat germ extract, with 1mg spermidine) simultaneously daily, with or without a meal. Store in a dry place, away from heat and light and out of the reach of small children.
Spermidine plays a vital role in maintaining cells’ membranes, and it’s been scientifically proven to protect and improve one’s cognitive function and cardiovascular health as a person ages. With a supplement like the Double Wood Spermidine at your side, you’re set and ready to conquer life the way you want it.
Compared to most brands that contain only faint amounts of spermidine, Double Wood’s ensures that their spermidine content is over 100x more potent. Its unique spermidine formula is designed to support healthy aging and promote longevity due to its role in cell renewal.
At the same time, it helps keep one’s memory sharp even into old age and maintain their intellectual capacity.
Your cardiovascular health will also enjoy the benefits of spermidine since it also promotes cardioprotective autophagy. It helps lower blood pressure levels and reduces one’s risk of heart failure and other cardiovascular diseases such as acute coronary artery disease, stroke, and heart attacks.
- GMP Quality certified
- Third-party tested
- 100% money-back guaranteed
- Offers free shipping options
- Results may vary per person.
Spermidine Per Serving
- 10mg (5 per capsule)
Start with a 1-2 capsule dosage of 5-10 mg, which can be increased to a 2-4 capsule dosage over time. Never exceed more than 4 capsules in a day.
One subtle sign of aging is the body’s decreasing cellular spermidine levels, which happens each year. SuperSmart Spermidine is here to fix just that, to increase your intake of spermidine naturally and healthily to let you enjoy life longer and better.
SuperSmart Spermidine ensures the regulation of autophagy, the process of cleaning out and regenerating cells, which in turn prevents the corruption of cells. It helps improve blood pressure and cardiac function and prevents decline in stem cells. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and neuroprotective effects, which help maintain one’s cognitive function.
One particular benefit of spermidine is that it combats glycation, a process caused by excess glucose in skin fibers, resulting in the skin aging at an accelerated pace. Spermidine helps proteins from structural and functional damage.
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- 100% vegan
- Nano-particle free
- Fast shipping
- Price may be too high for some
Spermidine Per Serving
- 6mg (3mg per capsule)
Take 1 or 2 capsules a day after each meal.
Spermidine is a relatively new player on the supplement scene, yet it’s becoming increasingly popular among those who want to achieve longevity and an optimal state of health. Its health benefits truly are promising and have been repeatedly proven by medical science.
However, while taking these supplements, you must not depend on them alone. It’s important to make an effort to achieve a long, healthy lifestyle. Engaging in the following activities should also be part of your regimen:
- Do moderate exercise – Doing moderate physical exercises and activities like walking, cycling, yoga, or swimming four or five times a week helps keep the arteries in place and ensures good heart health.
- Eat healthy foods – Limiting your consumption of fried food, fizzy drinks, and alcohol, and opt for healthier, spermidine-rich foods like whole grain, peas, grapefruit, durian, and many more.
- Keep yourself hydrated – Drink 8 glasses of water every day can help moisturize your skin. It reduces the effects of skin dehydration and aging. Similarly, healthy beverages like tea and coffee can also help beautify the skin.
- Get enough sleep – Lack of sleep can negatively impact our cognitive abilities and even exacerbate aging. Ergo, it’s important to get at least 7 hours of sleep for your body to regenerate and rest properly.
- Sharpen your memory – Activities such as crosswords, board games, reading, watching films, and learning new languages can help stimulate the mind and reduce the risk of cognitive decline.
Also, don’t forget to consult with your trusted physician before subscribing to any medication to rule out risks and discuss health benefits. That way, you get to make an informed, conscious choice for your health.