Druggenius.com is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here.
Taking multivitamins is very important to make sure that your body is getting the correct amount of vitamins and minerals that it needs.
Your body needs these vitamins to function, so you must give your body exactly what it needs.
Biotin, also known as vitamin B7, is commonly found in multivitamins.
Although biotin is an important vitamin for your body to have, it is possible to have too much of it.
Too much biotin can result in side effects, most commonly difficulty sleeping and hair loss.
Most multivitamins on the market contain biotin and it can be almost impossible to find multivitamins without biotin.
However, this article will shed light on some multivitamins that do not contain biotin, so you can take them knowing that you aren’t having too much.
This article will help you to understand why taking multivitamins is so important and take you through the multivitamins that are free of biotin.
- Top 3 Multivitamins Without Biotin
- How Can You Have Too Much Biotin?
- What Multivitamins Don’t Contain Biotin?
- The List
- What To Look For In A Bitoin-Free Multivitamin
- Final Thoughts
- Releated Articles
Top 3 Multivitamins Without Biotin
How Can You Have Too Much Biotin?
Biotin is found in lots of foods that we consume daily.
Mushrooms, eggs, avocado, tuna, berries, pork, sweet potato, bananas, peanut butter, and cheese all contain biotin.
A lot more foods contain biotin, and they are all foods that we consume regularly.
As we regularly consume these biotin-rich foods, giving our bodies extra biotin from supplements means that we can be having too much.
If you consume too much biotin, you are more at risk of experiencing the side effects of poor quality of sleep and weak hair.
To prevent this, consuming multivitamins that do not include biotin will help you to keep your biotin levels regulated whilst still providing your body with the right vitamins and minerals that it needs to function.
What Multivitamins Don’t Contain Biotin?
Below are some of the multivitamins that do not contain biotin.
This means that they can provide your body with essential vitamins without giving you too much biotin.
It is especially important to look for biotin-free vitamins if you have a heavy biotin diet but always consult your doctor first.
1. Seedwell Vegan Multi
Leading our list of biotin-free multivitamins is the Seedwell Vegan & Veggie Multi. It contains doctor-recommended dosages of that are sourced from premium quality sources. This is especially hard to find for those looking for plant-based supplements as ingredients like vitamin D3 from vegan sources are expensive.
The 9 vital nutrients included in this vegan multivitamin include D3, B6, B12, Magnesium, and K2. When you combine the high-quality ingredients with a 60 day money-back guarantee we found this option to be the best multivitamin without biotin available today.
The only downside we found is that they did not include any omega-3 in the formulation which is not a dealbreaker but something we would have liked to have seen.
- Vitamin D3 (from shiitake mushrooms)
- Vitamin K2
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate
- Formulated for plant-based diets.
- 60 day money back guarantee is far longer than competitors.
- Premium ingredients – hard to find for vegans. Especially vegan D3.
- Made in the USA.
- Ability to select with or without iron.
- No Omega-3
2. Ritual Essential Multivitamin
Ritual multivitamins are aimed at women between the ages of 18-49 to make sure that they are receiving the correct vitamins in their daily lives.
The multivitamins are vegan, gluten-free, USP verified, and do not contain any artificial colors, preservatives, or harmful additives.
All of the ingredients in the multivitamins are traceable, meaning that there is a clear supply trail so that you know where the ingredients have come from and what you are putting into your body.
There are only 9 completely traceable ingredients in the Ritual multivitamins so you are aware of what you are consuming.
The vitamins included in the Ritual multivitamins are folate, vitamin D, boron, omega-3 DHA, iron, vitamin E, vitamin B12, vitamin K2, and magnesium.
All of these vitamins are essential for your body and help you to get the right essential vitamins that you need.
As these multivitamins do not contain biotin, you may notice that they also do not contain calcium.
This is because most people receive enough calcium in their daily diets and consuming too much calcium can cause more harm than good.
These multivitamins make sure that you are not overusing the vitamins and that your body is receiving just the right amount.
Read our full Ritual Vitamins review
- Vegan friendly: the multivitamins are vegan, gluten-free, and USP verified
- No harmful ingredients: they do not contain any harmful colors, preservatives, or additives and are made from natural ingredients
- Contains 9 essential vitamins: They contain 9 essential vitamins that are all traceable so you know where they are from
- Do not contain calcium: for the same reason as biotin, this prevents your body from having too much calcium in its system
- Aimed at women: the multivitamins are aimed at women between the ages of 18-49, not a wider market
3. Wholier Multivitamins For Plant-Based People
These multivitamins from Wholier are completely vegan and contain entirely natural ingredients.
The multivitamins are naturally flavored with citrus and are packaged in a glass bottle which you can refill to reduce the use of plastic so they are completely environmentally friendly.
Wholier multivitamins contain 8 essential vitamins to keep your body healthy and strong.
The vitamins that are included are vitamin B12 and iron to help boost your energy levels, vitamin D3 and zinc to support your immune system, vitamin K2 to support bone health, omega-3 DHA to support your brain, and iodine and selenium to support your metabolism.
All of the vitamins have been sourced based on their nutritional qualities, meaning that they are providing you with the best vitamins possible.
They are also completely traceable so that you can see where they are sourced from and what they include.
These vitamins also do not contain biotin or calcium to prevent you from having too many of the vitamins in your system.
This will help to regulate the vitamin levels in your body and prevent your body from having too much so that you won’t experience any side effects.
- Vegan: These vitamins are suitable for vegans and made from 100% natural ingredients
- Environmentally friendly: Packaged in a refillable glass bottle
- Naturally flavored: Naturally flavored citrus to make consumption more enjoyable
- Contains 8 essential vitamins: Contains 8 vitamins that are essential to keeping your body healthy and strong
- Sourced based on quality: The ingredients have been sourced based on their quality
- Traceable ingredients: You can see exactly where your ingredients have come from
- No calcium: These vitamins also don’t include calcium to prevent too much in your system
- Only contains 8 vitamins: Other multivitamins contain more than 8, but these are of very high quality
Also Available at:
4. Future Kind Vegan Multivitamins
These multivitamins from Future Kind are 100% vegan and only contain natural ingredients.
There are no harmful ingredients and the multivitamins are suitable for kids, teenagers, and adults to consume.
The multivitamin tablets are soft gel, meaning that they are easy to swallow, especially for kids.
These multivitamins contain the main vitamins that most vegans are lacking. These vitamins are vitamin B12, omega-3, and vitamin D.
Future Kind has created these multivitamins to include the main vitamins that vegans lack so that they can get their daily doses all in one go without having to worry about deficiencies.
Vitamin B12 will improve your energy levels, omega-3 will improve your mood, and vitamin D supports your immune system.
You will see lots of benefits when you begin taking these multivitamins, especially as a vegan who might have been lacking in these key vitamins for some time.
The packaging is made from recycled materials and is also recyclable, and the vitamins come in a glass bottle to reduce plastic use.
Future Kind also donates to animal sanctuaries, meaning that by buying these multivitamins to help yourself, you are also supporting animals through veganism and Future Kind.
- Vegan friendly: only made from natural ingredients with no harmful additives
- Suitable for all ages: the soft gel capsules are easy for kids, teenagers, and adults to use
- Contains 3 essential vitamins: The essential vitamins that vegans lack are included in these multivitamins
- Environmentally friendly: made out of recycled materials and is 100% recyclable
- Glass bottle: Capsules come in a glass bottle to reduce plastic use
- Supports animals: Future Kind donate to animal sanctuaries, meaning that you are supporting them too
- Only contains 3 vitamins: Only 3 essential vitamins are contained in these multivitamins
Also Available at:
What To Look For In A Bitoin-Free Multivitamin
Before you choose what vitamins you prefer, you will need to take a lot of aspects into consideration.
This buyer’s guide will inform you about what to look out for in multivitamins without biotin and ensure that you have chosen the right multivitamins for you.
Suitable For Dietary Requirements
It is important to make sure that the multivitamins are suitable for a range of dietary requirements, especially vegan and gluten-free.
Vegan multivitamins will only include natural ingredients, meaning that they will not contain any harmful ingredients, preservatives, or additives.
The multivitamins will also be available for people who struggle to find natural multivitamins and only want to put natural ingredients into their bodies.
These multivitamins are also suitable for vegetarians, as they do not contain meat or dairy products.
When the ingredients are traceable, this means that there is a clear trail of where the ingredients for the multivitamins came from.
This ensures that the ingredients are high-quality and so that the buyer knows exactly what ingredients they are putting in their bodies.
Having traceable ingredients ensures the buyer that there are no toxic or harmful ingredients added to the multivitamins.
If the ingredients are not traceable, then the buyer cannot be sure that they are safe for consumption.
It is important to make sure that you are happy with the vitamins included in the multivitamin as some can include more than others.
Some people prefer to have multivitamins that only include the essential vitamins, whereas others prefer to have a wider range of vitamins supplied in one capsule.
You will also need to make sure that you are not supplying your body with too much of one vitamin, so it is always best to consult your doctor before you begin taking multivitamins.
If you are very environmentally conscious, it is important to look for packaging that is recyclable and made from recyclable materials.
Lots of people prefer to have glass bottles for their capsules to reduce plastic use, so it is important to make sure that you are happy with the packaging of the multivitamins.
To conclude, it can be difficult to find multivitamins that do not contain biotin, but there are some on the market that contain all of the essential vitamins that vegans need.
These multivitamins are suitable for vegans because they are made from natural ingredients and are free from harmful additives.
It is always recommended that you consult a healthcare professional before taking multivitamins as you need to make sure that you are providing your body with the right nutrients and vitamins that it needs.
Looking after your internal health is very important for keeping strong and healthy in yourself.
Is Vitamin D The Same As Vitamin D3?
Best Female Hormone Balance Supplements