Having a sports drink with you can come in useful if you’re having an intense workout session since they supply the body with the necessary electrolytes like sodium, potassium, and chloride.
One such drink is Body Armor Super Drink, an electrolyte-laden sports drink created to provide superior hydration, but the question is, is Body Armor good for you?
- Is Body Armor Good For You?
- What You Need To Know About Body Armor
- What’s It Packing
- Ingredients & Nutrients
- Pros & Cons
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Related Articles
Is Body Armor Good For You?
BodyArmor is definitely not your ordinary sports drink. Compared to most sports drinks, it’s free from anything artificial, and its abundant amount of electrolytes, nutrients, and vitamins will help you work out better and be more productive.
However, keep in mind that it shouldn’t substitute for a healthy diet and frequent water intake.
What You Need To Know About Body Armor
Body Armor was created in 2011 by American businessman Mike Repole, but the brand became popular in 2018 when Coca-Cola Company purchased a minority stake in the company, and the UFC likewise named it its official sports drink. The brand was subsequently owned entirely by Coca-Cola in 2021, which is its largest brand acquisition to date.
What’s It Packing
If you’re asking if Body Armor Super Drink would be good for the body, it’s a definite yes!
This drink provides more readily available energy after a strenuous workout. It contains a lower sodium content (20mg) than other sports drinks and is packed with electrolytes and a variety of vitamins. It contains purely natural flavors, sweeteners, artificial colorings, and no caffeine.
- Orange Mango
- Fruit Punch
- Watermelon Strawberry
- Pineapple Coconut
- Berry Lemonade
- Blackout Berry
- Mixed Berry
- Strawberry Banana
- Tropical Punch
- BodyArmor Lyte
- BodyArmor Edge (contains caffeine)
- BodyArmor Sport Water
Ingredients & Nutrients
What gives BodyArmor its edge is that it’s a viable option that caters to all kinds of diets and lifestyles. It is certified 100% vegan, kosher, soy-free, and gluten-free to help maximize its health effects.
Let’s take a look at BodyArmor’s ingredients and what their benefits to the body are:
Coconut Water Concentrate
Concentrating coconut water is a process in which the coconut water is turned into a syrup. Once the syrup has been imported, water is added to it before being packaged.
Coconut water concentrate is a good, naturally sweet electrolyte drink. Coconut water, in general, is nutritious, rich in antioxidants and antimicrobial properties, low in fat, low in calories, has no cholesterol, and is a natural source of potassium and magnesium.
Because of its electrolyte content, some studies indicate that it helps in hydration, specifically related to exercise, making it a popular ingredient in some energy drinks.
Coconut water is also 94% water, fat-free, and cholesterol-free. It’s also considerably lower in calories, making it a good option for those who like sweet beverages and who may want to include it in their diets.
Other health benefits include blood pressure control, kidney stone prevention, and skin rejuvenation.
Pure Cane Sugar
Pure cane sugar is a category of sugar made exclusively from sugar cane instead of regular sugar products made from sugar beets. It mainly provides a quick boost of energy and helps increase blood sugar levels, and it acts as this drink’s natural sweetener.
Cane sugar triggers the body to create serotonin, a feel-good hormone that raises your mood. They also help your body manage stress levels. Once under stress, the brain needs more energy to function efficiently, and the glucose from cane sugar can help supply the energy needed.
- Vitamin A – is particularly important to vision, growth, cell division, reproduction, and immunity. It also helps create energy within human cells.
- Vitamin B (B3,5,6,9,12) – These vitamins, particularly 6 and B12, are best for boosting energy levels. They help the body convert the food you eat into glucose, which supplies you with energy.
- Vitamin C – Considered the powerhouse of vitamins, vitamin C promotes the proper functioning of energy metabolism and helps reduce fatigue. It can likewise boost the effects of exercise on the body and reduce exercise-induced oxidative damage.
- Vitamin E – This vitamin acts as an important antioxidant in the body that helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Like vitamin B, it also aids in breaking down food into energy.
- Dipotassium phosphate – is an electrolyte that improves endurance by increasing the body’s efficiency in transporting oxygen to your muscles, resulting in increased energy production.
- Magnesium oxide – This electrolyte causes muscles to contract and helps maintain the nervous system and control blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
- Zinc oxide – Plays a role in hormone production, including testosterone, which is essential for building lean muscle mass. At the same time, it facilitates the muscle recovery process after an intensive workout.
Pros & Cons
We’ve broken down some of Body Armor’s notable ups and downsides for your reference:
- Manufactured with quality, natural ingredients
- No artificial flavorings, sweeteners, and dyes
- 100% vegan
- 100% soy and gluten-free
- Great taste (Tropical Coconut Lyte is our favorite flavor)
- May be drunk at any time of the day
- The regular flavors contain 21g of sugar. The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends an added-sugar limit of 24g for women and 35g for men.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should drink Body Armor?
Body Armor is ideal for athletes and people who have an active lifestyle, though anyone can try it out for a quick energy boost at work or while studying.
Is BodyArmor Drink safe for breastfeeding women?
Yes, the Body Armor Drink is safe for breastfeeding women to drink.
Can I drink BodyArmor every day?
Yes, you can drink BodyArmor Super daily, but with caution. Drinking too much can increase calorie and blood sugar levels excessively.
Is it safe for kids?
As much as possible, kids should not drink Body Armor or any similar beverages, even if they are active and exercise and play sports regularly. The electrolytes and hydration supplied by food and water should be enough.
How long until I see any results?
When taken well and combined with a good diet and consistent exercise, this drink should deliver visible results within a short period.
Are there any known side effects?
So far, there have been no reported side effects attributed to this product. But it’s still recommended to drink them moderately, as it has an ample calorie and sugar content. Taking too much can affect one’s health.
The BodyArmor Super Drink is definitely not your ordinary sports drink. Compared to most sports drinks, it’s free from anything artificial, and its abundant amount of electrolytes, nutrients, and vitamins will help you work out better and be more productive. However, keep in mind that it shouldn’t substitute for a healthy diet and frequent water intake. Combining them all lets you enjoy maximum performance and see visible results in no time.